Contact me: Blindingbrightlights@gmail.com

Saturday, July 21, 2012

The denim dress

I have been scouring stores - thrift and regular - for the perfect denim dress litterally ALL summer long.. And, when I was giving up on all hope to meet my match, a potential contestant presented itself.. Hello I thought, I could transform you into exactly what I want! And so I did! And then I accessorized.
Above is the dress before transformation. I added elastics to the side-backs to make it slightly more fitted at the waist, shortened and tapered the hem.. and voila!
 Dress - Thrifted, Necklace - Mr.Dannijo, Watch - Swatch, Clutch - BCBG, Lip color - "A girl about town" by MAC

P.S This is a lesson that many of you probably already know, when thrift shopping you really have to have an open mind about the garments and try to imagine what can be done and how it would look.. maybe it helps to have knowledge in pattern making and fashion design but most of the time all the garments need is to be shortened.



17 comments:

Mary Kapsi said...

great outfit! I adore your necklace!
Join my first Giveaway and win $100 to spend on Sheinside

Margarida Reis said...

love your necklace and your clutch.

http://www.trendsection.blogspot.com

Emmett Katherine said...

Cute dress, you're right you need an open mind when thriving because often things need to be altered in order to look current. Great find!

Mary Ann said...

Great job transforming the dress - I absolutely agree, you must go thrifting with an open mind! Thank you so much for taking a moment to stop by and say hello! ;-)

Peach Punch said...

I really like the accesories! so bright so colorful!

xoxo Dia!
www.peach-punch.com

Plami said...

I love this dress! Simple cuts and no prints are always a great start for crazy and fun accessorizing! You look great!

XoXo
Plami

http://www.fashionthrill.com/

M.E said...

Love the neons together with the denim dress!


http://fashion-gourmet.blogspot.com/

Anthea Sanna said...

Great blog!!!! Follow each other?
Write on my blog if you want...kisses
Www.antheafashion.com

Fabrizia said...

Great post: I like these pictures so much!!
What about following each other? Cosa mi metto???
Win a pair of custom denim shorts by Khojo Vintage!!

Elle Sees said...

So thrifty!

Anthea Lau said...

I love how you pair that very easy, casual dress with the interesting clutch and neon bracelet xoxo
would you like to follow each other?
A
xx
http://epiquemoi.blogspot.com/

Aitana said...

Nice dress!!!^^
i follow you on Bloglovin ;)
can you follow me too?¿? :D

xoxo

DORIS said...

I really like the details - the necklase and bag are so pretty!
-Doris

Is This Real Life? said...

Ah this is such a cute dress and I love what you have done with it. Im slightly obsessed by your necklace though, its so pretty and i have been on the look out for one exactly like that, so lovely! X

his little lady said...

love this! and what a perfect necklace to pin with it!
xo TJ

Maria Bastida said...

love it! and love the accessories!!! bag, bracelet and of course the amazing necklace :D

http://thegoldenpaillettes.blogspot.com/

carolina. said...

Hi hun! What do you think of following each other? Let me know

Keep in touch

http://thefrench-fries.blogspot.pt/

xx