Contact me: Blindingbrightlights@gmail.com

Tuesday, November 22, 2011

1 month + school project

Its been a month since my Opa (german grandfather) passed away. Its hard to describe the way I feel but its as if time froze when it happened and I have no idea how I got to where I am now. I don't understand how the seasons can still change without him, how the sun still rises and sets. Whenever there's a silence all I here is him calling my name. I wish I could hold his hand in mine one last time. I know its important for me to keep going on with my life as usual but sometimes it gets hard and I just want to stay in bed all day.
On another note, if you remember this, this is the famous dress I burnt my hand over, I got it back from the teacher to do final fixings before the jury (people in my school who choose what goes into the final fashion show in may) so I thought I would show you guys my work. We had to design a dress as if it was a Olsen twins-gap collaboration. It had to follow the theme of grungy, but also have the olsen twins' clean cut aesthetic and be cheap enough for the gap. Hope you like it!

First outfit - Dress - Zara, Long cardigan - Sparkle & fade, shoes - Topshop, bracelets - Gas bijoux
Second- Dress - Made by me.

6 comments:

laura said...

Grief is tough. Hang on. Keep strong. Stay pretty.

♥ and hugs laura
the blog of worldly delights

Jasmine Johnson said...

I really love your first look, the black dress somehow fits perfectly with your blonde fringe :)

Sorry to hear about your Grandfather, but I'm happy to see it hasn't prevented you from staying positive :)

Maria- CityLaundry said...

i understand how hard this all can be but stay strong! :)
the second dress is so different, i'm liking this a lot! it came out great!
xx

Bang and Buck said...

love these photos and your blog! great style.

xo

Bang & Buck

Mani said...

Gorgeous dress!

TraceysFashionOutlook said...

Great dress!