Contact me: Blindingbrightlights@gmail.com

Friday, September 30, 2011

A vegan meal II

Spaghetti squash and sun dried tomato sausage pasta with tomato sauce.
Made this for Alexander for our anniversary dinner, I loved it because it was quick and easy but tasty and nutritious :)
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Heat your oven to 400 degrees. Cut a spaghetti squash in half length wise and add a bit of water to a caserol dish. Put the squash facing downward and bake for about 45 mins. Until the squash's skin looks blistery and a knife goes through it easily.
Meanwhile (well after 25-30 mins of cooking the squash) Boil 3/4 of a medium sized sauce pan with water, sprinkle some salt and boil. Then add 2 cups of any type of pasta (I used "fusils").
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
When you have about 10-15 minutes of cooking time left, slice the vegan sausages into about 1/4 inch thick peices, cook the sausages in a skillet with coconut oil until each side is browned.
Slive half a baguette (I like using ones that are a day old for extra crunch) and spread olive oil margarine, olive oil or coconut oil on, put some minced garlic cloves (depends on how garlicy you like it!) and sprinkle a bit of parsley on top. Put it in the oven with the squash until the remainder cooking time or until the bread is golden. ALSO don't forget to heat up your sauce to put on it! I'll give you my recipe soon!
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
When the squash is done cooking, take it out and with a fork peal the insides making slivers resembling spaghetti. You can mix the spaghetti squash with the pasta right away, I layered the meal though. First I put the pasta, then the sausages, then the squash and topped it with the sauce :)

What am I getting from this? Protein, Carbohydrates (Don't even try eliminating this from your diet, you do need some, come on), fiber, Vitamin C, Vitamin B6, Vitamin A, Various minerals and more :)
Enjoy!

P.S thanks for your lovely comments in the previous post! I'm feeling a lot better now :)

6 comments:

Love Sushi and Fashion said...

Ummm! That is something that I will definitely try!! <3<3

lapetiteblonde said...

umm..so delicious!!
kisses and have a nice day!!

www.lapetiteblonde.com

laura said...

yum! I super love spaghetti squash. I normally just eat it by itself with a little bit of salt and pepper, and I have no idea why I haven't tried it with tomato sauce yet!
♥ laura

the blog of worldly delights

Kelly-Ann said...

You've just made me feel so hungry! :) Looks sumptuous. I'm an on-off vegan. I've been a veggie for fifteen years.

fashionproof said...

looks delicious! I love vegan meals :)

MeRuborizo ♥ said...

Looks Yummy!
xoxo

Lu ♥
http://meruborizo.blogspot.com