Contact me: Blindingbrightlights@gmail.com

Thursday, August 25, 2011

The making of...


Remember near the beginning of the summer I spoke of a blazer I was making my boyfriend? Well I finished it a while ago but never got around to posting the video I made.
It's definitely not the nicest or best-made garment I've made.. but hey! Give me a chance, it's only the second blazer I've ever done.. and for the first one I had lots of help from my teacher.. but practice makes perfect, right?
Anyway, the video is the whole process in snipits, I had to adjust the blocks I had (female ones) to fit his body, then create the style, then make a couple samples, and then make the blazer.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

14 comments:

Katie said...

Oh my gosh this looks amazing! Can't believe you made it! xo

Couture Carrie said...

Beautiful work, darling!

xoxox,
CC

Kevin said...

I love this. Fantastic work!

k v n by kevin nguyen said...

Your video was very interesting to watch. I can totally empathize with you on how tedious this process is. Keep up the great work!

-kvn

Francesca R said...

In. Y opinion you did a great job! I like it!
Xx
http://dontcallmefashionblogger.blogspot.com

Jaya said...

Looks good!!! :D I'm actually thinking of making myself a new blazer... but just thinking about the process makes me tired!!!! haha. Maybe I'll sew one without a friggin lining and just overlock everything.

xx
www.chasingthmoon.blogspot.com

Jaya said...

I guess I'm lucky my mom takes my pictures even though she's slow as hell... and I'll bring my camera and take pictures of you tmr!!! :D haha. In the old port, itll be pretty! :)

Jazzy E (hivenn) said...

That's amazing. x hivenn

Deni said...

great blog hun!

PS. Giveaway! Enter! If you want!

xx
deni

Deni said...

great blog hun!

PS. Giveaway! Enter! If you want!

xx
deni

Jess said...

wow Katia, you're incredible at making your own clothes. I'm so jealous.x

Clio said...

I love that video! I don't think I have the patience to work on a blazer like that. seems very difficult and time-consuming, but great job!

Cassidy said...

That looks fantastic! You're so talented!

Koltunovskaya said...

Very nice blazer! I can not even imagine how hard it is to sew this)) Well done!