Contact me: Blindingbrightlights@gmail.com

Sunday, August 7, 2011

Crop top DIY

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
I bought this Zara dress at the beginning of spring and halfway through the season got a big stain on the back of it, keeping me from wearing it. So I decided to take the occasion to make a DIY.
You'll need a dress (with a stain, not fitting at the hip, or anything. Just aslong as the top part fits you the way you like.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Next, cut a straight line across the waist of the dress (I just followed the bias waist seam)
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Pin the lace trim (a fringe trim is an idea too but I just used what I had at home) where you cut.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Next, find a thread color that matches the fabric and sew the garment to the trim.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
AND voila! Obviously mine needs a bit of ironing but I shall post it in an outfit soon :)

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

11 comments:

Jess said...

oh that's really cute. thanks for the tutorial.x

Kat said...

great diy!!! the top is so cute :)

katslovefashion.blogspot.com

laura said...

ADORABLE!! I can't wait to see you wearing it!
♥ laura

the blog of worldly delights

Kel said...

So nifty. I really want to see how it looks on!


Lots of love from Sydney,

x Kel

onto animated musings

Jess said...

Aw I want to see it on!

Violet said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Violet said...

cant wait to see what you wear with this

XX
Vi from Cali

Vanessa, Take only Memories said...

Super cute DIY! Looking forward to seeing you wear it :)

Rianna Bethany said...

great d.i.y, looks fab. I might try and do something like this with some old lace I have lying around

Rianna xxxx

Chantal said...

that looks so awesome!
i am following you
Thanks for your comment.
x

www.crystalvisionss.blogspot.com

Katie said...

Adorable! You did fantastic xo