Contact me: Blindingbrightlights@gmail.com

Sunday, July 3, 2011

Jean Paul Gauthier Exhibit

 A couple days ago I went to the Jean-Paul Gauthier Exhibit. I don't really like his style but I thought it was important for me, as a designer to learn more about him. Personally, I have more the mentality of Chanel so I don't really worm up to things that no real/everyday woman could wear or want to wear. With that said, the exhibit was well laid out and interesting. If you're in Montreal, I suggest you go! I'm not sure when it closes though but it might be soon!

This one was my favorite, (simplest, ovbiously)
Loved these studded wedges
 This silver jacket was pretty awsome

 I loved this one too, with the head piece (although most the models had them) it's perfect
 These beaded pants were just amazing because I was imagining all the work put into them
P.S Sorry for my lack of posts, I'm moving into my own place soon and I've been looking for furniture at antique markets and painting them white.. so it takes some of my time. Can't wait to show you photos of my place when it's done!

7 comments:

Catarina said...

I've always loved his punky and wild aesthetic. The exhibition looks great!
x

Cassidy said...

It's definitely important to see a variety of styles and designs. I'm interested in pursuing a career in fashion as well and I've learned to appreciate all aspects of a collection or piece even if I don't like it :)

Dilan Dilir said...

lovely post:)

Sandra said...

Wow, not that's an exhibition I'd love to see!

Savannah said...

Such cool photos I love them! I can't wait to see your new place :)

Kristen said...

i wish i could go and see this! looks incredible

Gina said...

I love it so so much... This brand is a masterpiece of the world of fashion... Greatone.
Many kisses, Gina
thetaleofadress.blogspot.com